|The continued growth of our business has given rise to a vacancy for a paralegal in our law firm. We are looking for someone with either experience in property law matters or with the drive and ambition to gain a good experience in that area. Our business has a good client base and aims to become a leading provider of legal services in Gloucestershire.
You will ideally have a law degree and/or have experience in property law. If you do not have experience in this sector, we will consider good applications with experience of agriculture/commercial property and residential property transactions.
We are looking for a candidate with high professional standards who will enjoy working in a small firm that is growing. We would like to see candidates who enjoy becoming thoroughly engaged with our business and enjoy working with a variety of clients ranging from high net worth individuals to long established farming families. You will be given the opportunity to engage with clients both socially and on business matters and to develop your own following.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone already living in Gloucestershire or willing to move to the region. We have pleasant regency style offices overlooking Cheltenham's Town Hall, which is popular with both our staff and clients.
A competitive salary is available to the right candidate.
Reports to: Managing Partner
Reported to by: Admin assistant/secretary
Main purpose of job
1. To provide cost effective administrative/legal support to the Managing partner and other fee-earners in the firm.
2. Depending on experience, the jobholder may not have his/her own caseload initially but will assist the Managing Partner and other fee earners with their cases.
Key tasks include
2. Undertake defined elements of fee-earning work under careful supervision. In particular:
3. Deal wherever possible with routine client enquiries and communications.
4. Manage the collation of matter start and matter completion data and prepare client care and compliance documents.
5. Deputise for supervising fee earner in his/her absence, passing urgent issues to another fee-earner for guidance where required.
6. Co-ordination of the key dates reminder system as outlined in the Office Manual.
7. Law degree or legal experience in a law firm carrying out property related legal work would be useful. Full on the job training will be given.
8. The jobholder should display a pleasant and assertive manner in dealing with clients. Tact and resilience are essential qualities for this role.
9. An effective communicator, both orally and in writing, having a good command of written English.
10. Personally efficient and well organised, with good control of diary systems and competent in computer facilities.
11. An eagerness to learn new systems and a desire to continually improve the firm’s practice and procedures.
Please send your CV and salary expectations to:
Frank Smith & Co Solicitors
7 Imperial Square